What is Depression?
Everyone occasionally feels blue or sad. But these feelings are usually short-lived and pass within a couple of days. When you have depression, it interferes with daily life and causes pain for both you and those who care about you. You may feel:
- Depressed mood, most of the day, nearly every day
- Loss of interest or pleasure in almost all activities
- Changes in appetite
- Sleeping too little or too much
- Fatigue, lack of energy
- Decreased ability to think, concentrate, or be decisive
- Recurrent thoughts of death
Depression is a common but serious illness. Many people with a depressive disorder never seek treatment. But the majority, even those with the most severe depression, can get better with treatment.
are you depressed?
You may be eligible for free treatment. For more information, please contact Savannah Springfield at (214) 768-2188 or email@example.com
SMU Anxiety and Depression Research Center Last update: 08/09/22